Sunday, June 13, 2010

1st blog post: creativity

I. Summary: The hidden secrets of the creative mind.
The article is about an interview of the journalist: Francine Russo with the psychologist R.Keith Sawyer about his finding and some suggestions to develop our creativity. According to his finding, creativity of each person come from unexpected moments when people pay less attention to it. It also come from the same mental building blocks people use everyday. He also stated that creativity is something we can develop step by step. Not only the genius or gifted people could have creative idea and none could have creative mind of every field but basically their progress of creativity works the same. Therefore he suggested a way to be creative is to think of as many ideas as possible, dont mind the bad ideas and take risk to do it.

II. My opinion:
I totally agree with Mr R.Keith Sawyer suggestion about not being afraid of bad ideas, working hard and taking risk to make the idea come true. Anyway, idea is always idea unless you make it real. and you would never know whether your idea is good or not if you dont try.

III. This is my article

I choose this article because I think in order to develop new ideas, we need to carefully avoid doing something that could kill ideas.

I commented on Hyeyeon and Candy 's blog.

5 comments:

  1. I think you loved his advice about creativity. You are right, if you do not try some ideas, so how you will know what is the good idea, and what is the bad one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very difficult for me not to be afraid of bad ideas or mistake. But it is very needed! I totally agree. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg! My comment disappeared TT Anyway you are already a creative person! You don't have to follow the guy's advice. I know you have your little secret of creativity :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. ^^, thanks everyone! Especially Hyeyeon! ;)

    ReplyDelete