Friday, April 30, 2010

Reaction to film: Baraka

There were so many beautiful sequence in the movie and somehow i think I could get a part of the director 's message. However, the scene that impress me is the sequence at the end of the movie when everybody in India is at the Ganges River-bathing, praying, doing funeral's ceremony,etc. There would even a cremation when the death body was burned after the funeral. After being burn, all the ash of the dead person will be dusted into the river. Although at first, i thought it's so unsanitary how so many people could bath, wash clothes, drinks, pray... at the same time/same place of river like that.

This sequence showed that no matter what you are poor or rich, good or bad, the river-which is considered as Indian 's mother- is always the place where all of them came from, lived with and return when they died. The mother always open up her arms welcoming all of her children no matter what who they are, what they do.

Watching this sequences gives me delighted, cherishing and a little disgusting. I think about my parents, especially my mom and i feel sinful because i m so far away from her to take care of her.

I used to be a bad child to my parents. I always avoid to study and so playful which made my parents mad all the time. When i went to University in another city(my hometown is a very small town), i started to live far away from home, alone. Sometimes i got hurt, sometimes i was sad, sometimes i was frustrated, It was always my parents who support me by anyway they could. Since then, every time i have an issue, I always try to face it because i know that there are somebody-my parents who support me all the time with no condition. I feel like being far away from home, is away to be closer to home.

The message i got from that sequence is: no matter who you are, whether you are wealthy or not, you came from the same roots as every others, somehow. You might go further to learn, to challenge your self, but dont forget your root.

2 comments:

  1. That's true, dont forget about our roots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the same Minh like you, my parents are mad about me when I was in high school.

    ReplyDelete